Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Zeke - Two Stories About Glasses and the Tooth Fairy (but not the Tooth Fairy wearing glasses)

Zeke broke his glasses in Sunday school so I ordered new frames on Monday. Thankfully, the frames were still under warranty but unfortunately they won't be in for at least a week. So the electrical tape and I teamed up.  Hopefully, his broken pair will get him through the week. If he goes even a few hours without wearing glasses, his eyes get really weak and it looks like he's going cross-eyed.  His eyes look pretty good in this picture. 

Zeke lost a tooth Monday evening.  It's not the first one he's lost but it is the first front tooth that's gone. 
.
He wanted to make sure to put his tooth under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy so we made sure to put it there before he crawled into bed that evening.  Then, being the great parent that I am, I promptly forgot all about it and went to bed.  Fortunately, God and my bladder woke me up around 2am and as I was stumbling down the hallway, I remembered the tooth.  Our other children haven't always been so lucky on the first night!  Anyway, I reached into my drawer in the dark for some money and crossed my fingers that it was a $1 bill and not a $10!  I snuck into Zeke's bedroom and slowly slid the tooth out from under the pillow and slid the dollar back under without waking him up. 
.
Early the next morning, I was in the office on the computer when Zeke woke up.  He came running in and excitedly told me he got a dollar from the Tooth Fairy. 
"You did?!", I responded, as I checked to make sure it really was only a dollar. It was definitely a dollar.
Then, as Zeke gave me a big hug, he said, "Yep!  Thanks Mom!"
I questioned him further, "I thought it was from the Tooth Fairy?"
"Mom!  You're the Tooth Fairy!  Thanks Mom!"
"You're welcome, Zeke."
.
Guess we don't have to worry about telling him the truth about the Tooth Fairy anymore!  :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment