Saturday, April 17, 2010

Taco Finger

After school on Thursday, Riley's teacher informed me that another kid in his class had bitten Riley.  I thought it was a bit unusual for a 2nd grader, but what do I know.  The teacher thought that Riley was ok, but wanted me to know that the other child would be talked to the next day.  (ie. the other kid would be in big trouble).   Then we went on our way.
Later that evening, I discussed the situation with Riley.  I asked why the other kid bit him.  Riley told me that he (Riley) poked his finger toward the other kid's mouth while saying, "It's a taco finger!  It's a taco finger!"
So the other kid bit Riley's finger.
I figured I had better go explain to the teacher.  When I did, she said that the other kid was already going to be serving detention for biting.  So I went to talk to the principal.  I explained to him what had really occured and asked that he not be too hard on the other kid.  After he heard the entire story, he said, "So detention probably isn't appropriate?"
"Nope.  Probably not."

No comments:

Post a Comment