Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stay Safe!

I had a VBS brainstorming meeting this morning from 9-noon, got to have lunch with my mom and Steve at QDoba's, worked on material for some training this evening and then picked the kids up from school.  Tonight we had Brit's gymnastics, Riley's soccer, Steve's Swiftel Center employee appreciation picnic and my PRIDE training. 
The PRIDE training went really well but we have a really small group this time.  It's always fun to get to know the people who are being trained to become foster or adoptive parents and help them learn about the kids and the system.  It's one of my favorite jobs. 
Unfortunately, the evening training is 3 hours long each session so it gets done after dark.  Normally, I wouldn't think twice about it but in the last couple of weeks there have been 3 serious attacks on women in Brookings.  I totally forgot about it tonight as I was leaving the meeting.  I walked the gal I co-train with to the front door where she was parked and then I went around by myself to the back door where I was parked.  I didn't even think about the attacks until I got back home and saw it on the computer again.  Here I am encouraging other people to be safe and I wasn't even thinking about it myself.  I think I'll double check all the locks tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment