Thursday, April 15, 2010

End of the School Year is Fast Approaching

It's so hard to get on the computer when the weather is so nice!  I think of tons of stuff to blog about when I'm out and about but I just don't want to sit down in front of the computer.  So all the really good blogging material will probably come when it's storming or something :)
.
Never the less, here's this week's brief update, in no particular order:

*Thursday Chat is always a good time and it's always a different mix of gals.  Today, the kids played outside, Jen made some delicious mini muffins for snack and I was able to pass on some 5T boys clothes that we have outgrown.  Have I mentioned lately that I have some awesome friends!!!

*I finally have all the kids' spring/summer clothes in their closets and dressers.  Taylor was the final hold out because she tends to get into the totes in the storage room by herself.  So then I end up with a huge mess of clothes of all sizes and seasons all over the floor.  I had to wash them all, resort them and then have her put away the summer stuff in her room.  We finally finished hers today.

*I totally forgot what day it was today so Anthony and I walked to school to pick up the kids.  It matters because after school on Fridays, if Zeke's had a good week at school, he rides the bus to the Boys & Girls Club.  I thought it was Friday.  By the time I realized it was only Thursday,  Anthony and I had already walked to the school.  So poor Zeke had to walk with us all the way home.  It's not that far and it is good exercise, but they had gone to a play at the college today and had to walk quite a bit there, too.  The boy was really tired by the time we got home.  He barely stayed awake for supper and his bath!

*Tuesday was our last official day of Tuesday morning bible study until fall.  It's bittersweet.  It gets to be hard to keep up with the committment this time of year and there are lots of other things going on.  But when it's done, I always miss the people, the study and the discussions.  In honor of the last day, we had a smorgassbord of breakfast goodies.  It's one of the best days to be in the group!

*Wednesday night, Zeke recited the entire Lord's Prayer!  Have I mentioned he's a very smart kid?!

*I'm excited to be invited to play Bunco again this Friday night.  I really enjoy the bunch of women that play and I'm kind of on their permanent sub list.  I didn't want to commit to being a regular member but I love subbing when I can. 

*Spring Soccer starts on Monday for Riley and Taylor.  They're both itching to get out on the field again.  I found Taylor some new soccer shoes for only $3 at Once Upon a Child in Sioux Falls.

*That reminds me, Jen and I ran an errand for her husband on Monday.  While we were in Sioux Falls, we took the opportunity to do a little shopping and find some great bargins!  Zeke and Riley each got PJ's, Taylor got shoes and Brittney got shorts.  And Anthony got to go along on the trip, along with David and Kassy.
*
Steve's softball team started practicing last week.  He was pretty happy to have a new glove and shoes for the season.  Taylor and Riley went with him to the 2nd practice.  I'm looking forward to taking the rest of the family out to watch once school's done and it's not so late.
*
Brittney's gymnastics team is having a sleepover tomorrow night at the gym in honor of their accomplishments at the State Meet.  They get pizza, play games, play on the gym equipment and watch movies.  We get a really tired kid the next day!
 *
Coming up next week: 
I'll be co-leading a PRIDE class (foster parent training/licensing in SD), taking Riley & Tay to a soccer clinic, helping in Taylor's 1st grade class, PPRT's (I'm on the team that does monthly/yearly reviews of children in foster care in our area to ensure they are progressing in the way that most benefits the child ), attending a Swiftel Center employee appreciation picnic, watching Steve's softball, attending Riley's Poetry Party and the Gymnastics end-of-the-year banquet. 
We're really starting to get into the year-end stuff!  Busy times but all worth it!!!  
School is out on May 21st, so until then, I'll probably be posting more pictures than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment