Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lunch With Some Pickards

I got asked out on a lunch date today by an awesome guy and it wasn't my husband!  Of course, he invited his wonderful wife, too!  Allen called and asked if we wanted to go to Pizza Hut for lunch.  Definitely!  So Anthony and I piled into Jen's vehicle with David and Kassy and we headed downtown. We met Allen, Bobby, Gail and Kerry.  Come to think of it, they were all Pickards but me!  But since David's practically family by now, and Al and I are practically siblings, and Jen and I are practically sisters, I guess I'm close enough :)
Allen's sister, Kerry, had just flown in from Russia and so a few of the clan met for lunch.  It was entertaining to visit for a while and hear some of Kerry's traveling stories.   She's just home for a month renewing her visa again, which has to be renewed every three months until she is granted permanent residency in Russia.   It was fun to watch her tell David, "Up" ,and he would bob up.  Then she'd say, "down", and he'd drop down, over and over again.  He thought it was the funniest thing!

Thanks for the lunch Al!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment