Monday, April 19, 2010

Riley's Injury

Sunday evening, I was folding clothes in the bedroom and the kids were playing outside.  Suddenly, Riley came running into the house, screaming, "I'm on fire!!!  I'm on fire!!!"
I rushed to the kitchen to see him holding is arm.  Thankfully, no real fire.
Apparently, he had cut his thumb pretty badly on a stick and his hand felt like it was on fire.  We held his thumb under cold water for a while and then iced it to try to slow the bleeding.  Finally, I got out the gause and antibiotic cream and wrapped it up tightly and had him lay in my bed with his arm propped up.  When I took the bandage off this morning to check it and re-wrap it, the cut was from the tip of his thumb to a quarter of the way down his thumb and was pretty deep.  But he's definitely a boy!  It was feeling good enough for him to take the bandage off at school for a minute to show his friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment