Friday, December 4, 2009

Great Suprise

I had to run to the store for bread and milk so Steve wouldn't have to worry about it while I'm gone. Brit, Tay, Anthony and I were just leaving the milk isle when I heard someone call my name. I turned to look and was greeted by a blast from the past. Aaron was my first love. We dated in high school and into college and were actually engaged for a short period of time. We parted on good but emotional terms so we really haven't had contact since his brother's funeral 13 years ago. I still remember the last time I saw him. He had just finished singing at his brother Tim's funeral. Steve attended with me and Aaron's new girlfriend was with him. He looked so handsome in his suit. He hugged me for a long time and then shook Steve's hand and told Steve to take really good care of me! I was a very special young lady. What a great guy! So today in HyVee, I was so suprised to see him. I knew a few years ago that he worked in the area but I had no idea he was still around. We hugged and talked and I introduced him to my kids and he showed me pictures of his little boy. I smiled all the way to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment