Saturday, December 19, 2009

Decorations

On Thursday afternoon, Anthony and I got out the Christmas decorations. For the first time in quite a few years, it didn't feel like something I had to do. It was something we could enjoy doing. I almost always have the christian radio station on and during this season they play lots of different Christmas songs. Anthony and I set up the little white tree in the dining room. We always put the kids' decorations on that one because they like to show them off when people come over. When the girls were little, I got tired of saying, "don't touch this" or "don't break that'' all the time during the Christmas season. There are lots of breakable ornaments, trees that could tip over, a hand-carved manger scene from Israel, etc. So this white tree in the picture above sits on a table and underneath the table are a Little People manger scene with all the characters, Christmas books and Christmas things the kids can play with and touch. Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus. And I think the Christmas experience, especially for kids, should be one of wonder and awe! And sometimes that includes playing and touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment