Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Ah-ha Moment

I need to interupt this story on adoption for a brief ah-ha moment. . I was taking a shower early Saturday morning before we left for this trip. I do some of my best thinking in the shower as it's one of the few moments I have to myself - except for the numerous kids pounding on the door yelling "Mom!" But I digress. As Iwas in the shower, I was praying for God to bless this trip - giving us safety flying, health for the baby, smooth transition of physical custody, my emotions, etc., when suddenly it occurred to me that I had no right to ask God for protection and blessing on a journey that I'd even asked Him if I should be on. Many times in the Bible, people got into issues that weren't good for them simply because they were on a path they choose instead of the one God had for them. As soon as they got back on His path, the blessings could begin again. Understand that I'm only talking about myself here because I know Jen and Allen have prayed extensively about this part of their lives. But I wanted to go on this trip, I knew I could help and I really wanted to be a part of the experience - except I forgot to pray for God's guidance to know if I really should be going. How could I ask and expect God's blessing when I hadn't even asked if it was in His plan? So as much as I wanted to go and as much as I had already committed, I asked God right at that moment in the shower if I was His will that I go. And if it wasn't, would he put up roadblocks so I would know that I shouldn't go. I told Him I would listen and if there was a roadblock, I wouldn't try to figure out a way around it myself but would simply know that it wasn't in God's plan for my life. I was ecstatic discover that God did want me on the trip as He not only didn't put up roadblocks but he easily disolved previous roadblocks, without any help from me! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this God!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment