Friday, July 31, 2009

Steve the Mechanical Genius

For almost ten months, our printer/copier/scanner/fax hasn't been working at all. I kept hoping that Steve could take it apart and fix it even though he isn't particularly mechanical. I was also dreading it since I assumed that it would then be broken beyond repair and we'd have to save for a new one. It's not a necessity but it's definitely a convenience with all of the paperwork that has to be sent, especially for Zeke. So last week Steve finally worked on the printer. A mere few minutes after he started, he let me know that it was working again. I didn't believe him at first but then he showed me a paper that he'd printed. As I gushed over his mechanical ability, he just smiled. Then he told me that the problem we had for the past ten months was that two pencils had fallen into the paper feed. He removed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment