Saturday, July 4, 2009

Leaving Rapid City

Tuesday morning we had breakfast at camp, hooked up the trailer to the van and loaded up all our stuff. We didn't have a lot of money for this trip but we didn't really need a lot since the church reimburses Steve for travel, lodging and his meals. I had set aside a $100 bill to use as our gas money to get home and we still had $27 for food on the way. As I was packing up the cabin, I had Steve bring me my purse and it was a good thing I did because the $100 bill and a $5 bill were gone! The short version is that our son Riley had taken the money from my purse. Needless to say, I was not very happy. Interesting side note is that our parenting class that I skipped this week was supposed to be about stealing. Perhaps I shouldn't have skipped it. Anyway, we hung around Rapid until noon so we could see some of my family for a few minutes. After visiting with them, we headed out of town. I let the kids eat lots of taffy that they got in Keystone and cookies that were the snack at camp. The first two hours of the trip were wonderful as most of the kids were sleeping and I could get some writing done. The next two hours were ok as the kids were playing car games together. The last two hours were probably two of the worst car hours ever. Six kids all very tired and ready to be home. They were fighting, crying, pinching, touching and looking at each other. We dropped Brit's friend Tia off on the way home and made it into Brookings around 8pm. I'm reminded why I think it would be a great idea to put in a window right behind the two front seats that runs from the ceiling to the floor just like they have in limos. They could fight all they want and I could sit peacefully in the front. I can't hear you.............

No comments:

Post a Comment