Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Difficult Circumstances

Sorry! No fun pictures with this post. Just a bit of rambling by me. I really should be calling a friend and just crying and venting right now instead of writing. But I won't. Does anyone else wonder why things have to be so difficult sometimes? . In addition to some serious things that I'm dealing with on a personal level, we have a number of friends that are having serious health issues right now. One has a very firm relationship with Christ, which is comforting but it's still hard to see him and his family struggle once again through illness. He is one of the strongest christians I know and I continue to learn from his life lessons. . Also, our previous neighbor Sandy, who is like a grandma to our kids, is back in the hospital. Her health has been suddenly declining in the past few months and we found out today that she has now been placed on a lung transplant list. . One of my high school classmates died yesterday. I wasn't especially close to him but in a town of our size, we all knew each other. Death makes you take inventory of what's important in life. . I have to keep reminding myself that I don't need to tell God the size of my storm but I need to tell the storm the size of my God. . When I was in the hospital with Zeke and things were getting me down, I listed good things, so here goes: *Taylor cleaned her room tonight and even vacumed it all by herself. *T-Ball was rained out so Steve could put the kids to bed and bring me the supper I love. *My Dad brought over a big box of cherries. *At least 5 people today congratulated Zeke on how well he's doing. *We received an unexpected check. *My mother-in-law did my dishes, washed towels and cleaned the bathroom. *Steve played frisbee and ladder golf with his brother. *We met our medical deductible by February this year so we don't have as much to pay now. *Staci seems to have found a really great guy. *Good friends are celebrating their 8th wedding anniversary today. *A tornado was very close to some friends yet no one was hurt. *All my kids are healthy, well-fed and usually happy. *I read a really good book yesterday. *My puppy cuddled by my head during the thunderstorm last night because she was scared. Then she went right to sleep. Today say an extra prayer for those who need it and tomorrow give an extra hug to someone who needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment