Saturday, July 18, 2009

Running Bunny

As I was mowing last night, a saw a little bunny dart from one evergreen tree to the next. The poor thing was so scared that every time I would mow close to the tree he was under, he would dart to the next tree. I felt so bad for scaring him and wished that he would just stay where he was instead of running. I kept mowing and he kept running. By the time we got to the end of the row of 12 or so trees, he turned around and ran back to the previous tree and we started the whole thing over again. . As humorous as it might be, it reminded me that sometimes we run to what we think is safe only to be chased again and again. If we'd only learn to trust God to keep us safe instead of trusting in ourselves to know what's safe, we wouldn't have to go from "tree to tree" all the time. We're only wearing outselves out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment