Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Making Memories with my Brother

The pictures of the week with my brother and his family are now done but the memories will live on forever! If I sound a little sappy, it's because I am. The kids had fun and we all relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. One favorite thing has become tradition. My brother Jody gets a fire going each night in his large firepit. The kids would tell you that they loved the s'mores but my personal favorite happens later. When the fire starts to die down and one by one everyone else goes to bed, my brother and I just sit together. We laugh, talk, cry (ok, just me crying, not him. He listens sympathically), and sometimes we just stare into the fire without having to say anything at all. It's become one of my favorite traditions with my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment