Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not Too Old For Adventure

The Monday of Family Camp, Steve's cell phone rang at 7am. It was my Uncle Toby calling to help us fix our van! He volunteered to come up to camp and get the keys so he could check it out. If it wasn't an easy fix, he was going to tow it to my Aunt Billie's and tear apart the engine there.
Steve had been elected by our church members to be a delegate at District Conference, so he attended the meeting from 9am-3pm while the kids and I hung out at camp. In the morning, the kids went back to the kids' sessions while I cleaned and reorganized the cabin and then read for a while. We all had lunch together and then Brit and Tia volunteered to take Anthony and Zeke down the waterslide. All 6 kids had fun!
I enjoyed some free time at the picnic table visiting with friends I don't see very often. Deb and I even convinced the camp groundskeeper to open the Zip Line for us. We had to walk around to the opposite side of the canyon, climb up a ladder propped against a tall, skinny tree and manuver onto a small wooden ledge. Deb took the plunge first but I was following right behind. Once I was hooked up and on the ledge, I simply sat on the edge and pushed off for a spectacular glide across the canyon. You can't really tell from the pictures but the line stretches across a rocky canyon that was really far down! It was awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment