Friday, July 31, 2009

Reason #456 Why I Don't Do Daycare

At the risk of embarassing myself, here's another good story. I was watching my friend's 7 year old son, M, this morning. When she came back to pick him up, a couple of kids were playing nicely with toys in the dining room, but no M. Another was playing in his bedroom with Magnetics, but no M. As we're wandering through the house calling for M, I'm thinking, "Great, I lost her kid." Finally I ask Riley and he tells us that M is in the zoo. "The zoo?" We follow Riley downstairs. Now I'm not the best housekeeper in the world, but our house is generally clean and mostly picked up. However, there's one room in the house that's different; the storage room. There are totes nicely stacked along the back wall and shelves that are organized, but it is also a giant dog kennel for our two dogs. To get there, you have to go through the laundry room. Instead of a door, there is a very large dog gate. And of course when we looked into the room, the dogs had pooped in there because Brit forgot to let them out this morning. So basically M and Taylor were playing behind bars in a room with a cement floor and dog poop laying around. Should we take bets as to whether or not M gets to come over and play again?

No comments:

Post a Comment