Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We've Added One

Why is it that when I have the most to say, I have the least amount of time to say it?  I'm giving you the short version while Brit's got the baby. 

This morning started with working on some VBS at the church and then heading to Sioux Falls since it was my day to drive for the gymnastics car pool.  At three o'clock, I received a phone call about taking care of a foster baby.  So I picked her up when we got back into town at five and then my brother took us all out for supper.  After he and his family left, I headed over to my sister Heather's for a party.  Which turned out to be a good thing for a number of reasons.  My sister has an infant car seat with a base (social services gave us one but it doesn't have a base) and a few other things that will come in handy.  Then my friend Susan said she had lots of clothes/bottles/toys etc that we could use.  Steve drove to their house and when he arrived back at home, she had sent lots of adorable clothes and awesome baby things for us to use.

And, by the way, the baby is adorable!  More on that later.  I can't give any specifics about her situation or post any pictures of her so you'll have to trust me :) 

Now I'm headed to bed because, as usual after a night talking with my brother, I didn't get much sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment