Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Lemonade Stand

I took one look out my window this morning and decided that I better head to the church to get the mowing done in case it rained.  I fed the two kids who were awake already and made it to the church by 6:30am.  Meanwhile, a couple of hours later, back at the house, Riley and Taylor decided to have a lemonade stand.  They were shut down rather abruptly by Steve, who wanted to help mow at the church. 

When I finished mowing at 11:30, we all came home and the stand started up again.  I wasn't really paying much attention to them since I was busy making lunch.  But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered what they were using to serve the lemonade.   I asked Brittney and she said they were using our cups.  I looked out the window, and sure enough, they were serving the lemonade in our plastic kid cups.  I was about to holler out the door and tell them that they should be using disposable cups when I noticed a car pull up.  The customers ordered two glasses of lemonade.  Taylor poured the juice and Riley took the cups to the car.  Then he patiently waited until they drank all their lemonade and asked them for the cups back.
.
At that point, I was ready to splurge and buy them some styrofoam cups for a dollar.  But before I could say anything, Taylor turned on the garden hose and started hosing down the cups they had been using!  She was getting ready for the next round of customers.
.
That was the fastest HyVee run I've done in quite a while.  All in all, they had a pretty good day.   They had lots of customers and made a little over $24.

No comments:

Post a Comment