Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ground Breaking

.
The following is a note from my sister Heather.
I thought I'd share it in case anyone in the area can help out:

Dear friends,

My husband Dan and I have been fortunate to qualify for a habitat home and are asking for your help. Construction should begin around the 3rd week of July; we are behind schedule a month because of rain.


Would you help us by volunteering your time? We need to have help from 9 am-4 pm or 5 pm-9 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday and Saturday 9 am-4 pm. Habitat needs 2 weeks lead time for their scheduling, so call me with your possible scheduling times. Projects include reading a 10 minute devotional when the Care-A-Van'ers* (see note below) are there, providing meals for the workers and working directly on the house, which all counts toward the 100 hours that family and friends can contribute to habitat on our behalf. Dan and I need to complete 500 hours total.


*Care-A-Van'ers come the first two weeks of each month from 7 am-3 pm, so during the month of August or September (whichever month they work on our home), we'll only need your help from 5-9 or on Saturday.


If you can commit to some of these times, would you email Heather at heatherdubro@yahoo.com or Dan at dubrodaniel@yahoo.com by July 16th.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment