Friday, July 23, 2010

Thunderstorm

I'm sitting at the computer in the middle of a thunderstorm at Camp K.  We turned on the computer to check the doppler and I decided to blog for just a second.  It was a great night at camp so far but I'd tell you much more interesting things if I hadn't just had to calm 5 children and get them to sleep in the midst of thunder and lightning. 

They told us we were in a flash flood warning and the kids panicked again.  I explained to them that we're basically on a hill and water runs downward not upward.  A little while later, it started raining really, really hard and then water started pouring in under our door.  We used our swimming towels to try to stop the flow and I think it might be calming down a bit now.  Or maybe not.  We still have power anyway.  Which is more than I can say for my folks at home.  My mom just texted me saying they were in the basement and their lights had just gone off.

 I guess I'll go to bed now that the kids are all asleep.  That way, when the power goes off, I won't even know the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment