Friday, March 12, 2010

Hotel for 6

We made it to Sioux Falls.  It rained the whole way but since the temp was 36 there was no ice involved.  It was foggy but the visibility was fine for driving.  We checked into our cheap priceline room at the Hampton Inn right off of I29.  It's only 5 minutes away from the gym Brittney competes at tomorrow.
.
We had homemade potato soup, (brought from home in my crockpot), french bread (heated in the hotel room microwave) and snacks.  Then the kids swam while I sat and cheered them on.  There was a group of adults talking around a table in the pool area when we came in.  I thought my kids might be a bit much for them but an hour later as we were leaving, one of the women approached me and asked if they were all my kids.  I proudly answered, "Yes."
She responded by letting me know that they were "so well behaved". 
I seriously couldn't have been prouder of my family!  I never would have believed 3 years ago that I could take 5 kids to a hotel by myself and actually be proud of their behavior!  Great job kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment