Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hillfest

Steve was working again at the Swiftel Center for AAU wrestling, so I took the kids to Hillfest this morning.  Hillfest is basically a kids' school carnival with lots of games, prizes and food.  Brittney had a friend spend the night and then our neighbor also went with us, so 8 of us piled into the van.  For the most part, the kids had fun, listened really well and stayed by me. 
.
Both Zeke and Taylor won on their first try at the cake walk.  Taylor picked a dozen cupcakes but Zeke chose an entire cake.  The kids had fun with the games and I had fun chatting with friends I don't get to see very often anymore.  After a while, the kids just wanted to play outside on the playground so I told them we'd grab a bite to eat and then they could play. 
.
Meanwhile, Zeke wet his pants.  I didn't have a change of clothes along and if we left, we'd lose our parking spot and not be able to come back.  So I had the kids go through the food line and then I found a secluded spot for us to eat.  Then when everyone was done, we went outside and I let everyone but Zeke play on the playground for a half hour or so while we watched.  I had plastic bags in the van so I covered Zeke's seat with them and made him sit in the van with me. 
.
As I was sitting in the van with the side door open, I dropped my camera onto the sidewalk.  I was pretty sure it was broken since I couldn't see anything when I turned it on but I discovered later that it's the LCD screen that's broken.  So I can still take pictures and see them on my computer, I just can't see what I'm taking as I take the picture.  Kind of like the old days of film, I guess!


Taylor and Zeke at one of the prize tables
.

No comments:

Post a Comment