Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's God's Turn

"I can do all things
through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13
.
This morning I had to sit down and relax and let this verse run through my head. I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed (ok-that hit sometime two weeks ago:) and time is running out before Zeke and I head to St Paul. I was awake at 5am again today and I'm hoping to finish Zeke's laundry and get him packed today.

Yesterday I finished Riley and Anthony's laundry and packed away their summer clothes. They tried on winter clothes and I think they should be ready for the colder weather while I'm gone. I also did my laundry but haven't packed yet. Meals are ready for Steve, as long as we make it home by the following Monday. I think the kids' schedule is complete and emailed to the people that need it. The kitchen, bedrooms, dining room and bathroom are all cleaned, thanks to the kids and husband that helped yesterday.

I've been going back and forth with myself over whether I'm going to church this morning or not. That's another four hours I'd have to finish all the things I've got left to do. And it sounds like our water might be shut off for a while today while they work on our plumbing in the downstairs bathroom. But I have a feeling I've been taking God out of the equation too much lately as it is. I get a bit wrapped up in doing it all myself. I think it's time to "Let go and let God." He always works it out much better than I do in the end anyway!
.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble,
whatever is right, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable
-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me
-put it into practice.

And the God of peace will be with you."

Philippians 4:4-9
.

No comments:

Post a Comment