Monday, October 24, 2011

Church & School

Sorry about the lack of updating yesterday. It's terrible when I say I'll update later and then later is the next day. It gets a bit hectic around here sometimes and there isn't much computer time left so I sneak it in early in the morning. Anyway.......
.
Zeke is doing awesome! He's not in any pain and is now completely off all medications - and it's not because he doesn't have feeling in his feet either. When I ask him to wiggle his toes, he can. When I ask him which toe I'm touching, he can tell me. He'll also let us know if we move him the wrong way and it's painful. But, thankfully, for his everyday activities and for sleeping, he feels fine.
.
He wanted to go to church yesterday to socialize. It was easier to walk his wheelchair down the street than it was to load him into the van, drive three blocks and unload him. So we walked. Zeke sang his heart out during worship and then went to class and had all his friends sign his cast. I think he needs a bigger cast for all his friends! Then everyone headed out to lunch at Pizza Ranch with Grandma Connie and Grandma Sandy. When we made it back home, Zeke, the little one and I took a nap. Mine lasted three and a half hours. I think I was a bit tired.
.
Side note on our little one - she keeps asking to wear underwear and use the toilet so Brittney helped her last night and she actually pottied in the toilet! What a smart little girl! She was so excited about it. I said I was going to wait until after Zeke's surgery to potty train her but maybe we'll be out of diapers before I thought.
.
Today Zeke will be going to school. I visited with his teacher last night and I'll take him in this morning to get him settled. He's so excited to go! I don't think the wheelchair is going to slow him down at all.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment