Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zeke Says

This morning at 3am, two nurses came into the room to give Zeke his medicine, check his vitals and turn him in his bed. He had been sleeping soundly, but of course, by the time they were done, he was wide awake. He looked around and said, "Hey. Today is Sunday. It's my birthday. Hey! Where's my cake and all my presents?!" It took a lot of convincing to settle him back down but he never did go back to sleep.
.
As I'm typing this, I hear Zeke singing quietly to himself in the background. He's singing "Happy Birthday to me, Happy birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Zeke, Happy Birthday to me" -over and over and over again!
.
When one of the nurses came in today, he started telling her a bit about himself. He told her, "Today is my birthday. I'm 8. Then I'll be 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Hey, I'm almost 15. When I'm 15, I can drive.  I'm gonna drive a purple van. I'll have two keys because I'm having a purple car too. And eleven dollars."

No comments:

Post a Comment