Monday, October 4, 2010

Why?

Why do I always get caught in the same trap? Again thinking I can handle everything myself. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed this weekend and lots of little things had to be sorted out/handled. Yesterday my mind was reeling from all the things that I will have to juggle when I get home. I was trying to figure out if Zeke's wheelchair would fit/turn down the narrow hallway of our house. Thank you God and Pickards for making the deck wider then even I imagined so I don't have to worry if I'll be able to get him into the house. I decided that it's probably going to be easier to move his bed into the dining room. Plus that way, he won't be stuck in his room and he can be out where more of the action is.
Then I started worrying about getting Zeke to therapy. Even though we won't be starting school again until at least the 18th, I'll need to take him to physical therapy at the hospital three times a week. It's a bit complicated getting situated in a vehicle because his legs pretty much stick straight out and his back needs to recline. He also has to have his legs propped up on something soft during transport (not resting on a folded-down seat in front of him) In addition, it really takes 2 people to get him in and out, one holding his top half and one holding his legs/casts. I was begining to panic about how I was going to be able to do all of that myself and take the baby. Let's just say that lots of worrying was going around and around in my head the last few days.
Then I finally realized that I've fallen in the same trap again of thinking I have to do it all myself. I'd forgotten to hand it over to God. I'd turned the surgery over but once that was done, I was back to my own controlling self. So last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I envisioned all my worries about returning home circling around in my head like a giant tornado. It was litteraly making me sick. It was huge and seemed to take over my whole life. Then I gave the whole thing back to God. The whole enormous tornado just swept right up to Him. And the funny thing is, once He had it, it was just a little mini tornado that he stuck in a tiny little jar and watched over. I feel so much better that He's got it all taken care of and I don't have to worry about it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment