Friday, September 24, 2010

You Should Probably Skip This If You're Having A Nice Day

My normal upbeat blog isn't here today.  It's probably because my best friend is out of town so I don't have my usual sounding board.  I guess the blog is it for now.

I'm a bit frustrated with people.  I need to continually remind myself that there generally two kinds of people in the world. Those who spend their time and energy devoted to others and there are those who are devoted  to themselves. 
Sometimes I feel that I get the short end of the stick from people who I think should care and I need to remind myself again that I can use these situations as a reminder for ME to keep others in mind. I don't recall God saying anywhere in the Bible "Make sure you watch out for yourself above all else."  In fact, I think He says lots about what we need to be doing for others.   But my dilemma comes when I don't want to care about the selfish ones anymore.  For years, I continually went out of my way, both in distance and out of my comfort zone, to try to create a healthy relationship.  Now I'm not sure where to draw the line.  I'm really tired of "I really care" coming out of someone's mouth but almost every action implies "No one really matters but myself."

But because I have some awesome people in my life, some friends and some family, who would do nearly anything for me and my family, it has ceased to bother me much anymore.  Although, note the use of the word "much". 

I have so many others friends and family that I'm ok letting the selfish ones go for now.  Probably not the right christian answer but I don't have the time or energy for anything else for a few years, if ever.
.
And now I think I'll try to call my friend and see if she can hear me vent a bit from the other side of the country!

1 comment:

  1. Your friend across town is available for venting, anytime. As a matter of fact, I believe we are due for a lunch date :) -N

    ReplyDelete