Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Rainy Wednesday and Other Stuff

So Brittney is a pretty good blogger. I thought we should take turns every other day but she didn't go for it.
.
Yesterday I had to be at the clinic shortly after 8am for some blood work. Then at 9, I survived my first mamogram. I'm only 36 years old and they usually don't start that until 40, but with a family history of cancer, the doctor wanted me to schedule them yearly - starting now. It wasn't nearly as bad as I've heard. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't fun. But definitely survivable. The good news is that the blood work came back and I don't have anything to be concerned about. My blood pressure is down, which is what the doctors were worried about, and my cholesteral levels are great. No worries.
.
At 9:00am, Steve took Zeke in to meet with the pediatrician for a pre-surgery checkup/exam. Before any major surgery at Gillette, they have us take Zeke in to his doctor and she has to fill out 3 pages of information about his current health and then fax it to the hospital in St Paul. They want to make sure he's healthy before surgery. He's ready to go and way to excited for major surgery. Seriously, he can hardly wait! He loves that hospital.
.
After spending most of the morning at the hospital, I went to the Berndt Produce stand to help Dawnna. Normally, I love being outside but yesterday the rain got to be too much for us and we shut down around 1pm. My folks pulled up just as we decided to call it quits and Dad asked if we wanted any help loading up. So the three of us piled everything back into the trailer and van and then Dad took Mom and I out for lunch at KFC. Thanks Dad!
.
Our friends, Eric and Joni, are currently back in the Ukraine and have just completed the legal portion of the adoption of their second child. They had a long adoption court hearing yesterday. Like all morning and a good portion of the afternoon for them compared to our US adoption court, which takes maybe 10 minutes.  The good news is that they are now officially and legally parents to their new son. The bad news is they have to wait on red tape for ten days before bringing him home.  Please be in prayer for them, their family back home in the US and their new son. And a special prayer on my heart is for the little girl they are hoping to adopt also. It is appearing that God means her to be a part of their family but it means a lot more red tape, time and expense. God, make your will clear and the path open if she is meant to come to the US with them.  You couldn't ask for better parents than Eric and Joni!
.
Amber informed me yesterday while proofing a letter for me that the new APA rules have only one space between the end of one sentence and the begining of the next.  While that may sound Greek to some people, what is means to me is that, after years of putting in two spaces, I am anal enough to type the two spaces I've always typed and then realize my "mistake" and go back and delete a space after every sentence.  Why do they do this to me after all these years?  And more importantly, why do I care so much?
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment