Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sorry

Sorry about the ranting the other day.  I'm over it now.  Thankfully, my friend was available via phone for a bit of venting.  I'm again reminded of all the wonderful people in my life.  There is no reason that I need to dwell on one person who doesn't care when there are so many that do!  So thank you friends for the reminder.
.
Yesterday was a great day.  It started out with a women's conference at the church.  Someone couldn't attend so my my gave me their ticket.  It's called First Place 4 Health and it's all about living a healthy lifestyle for the glory of God.  Pretty amazing stuff.  I got to chat with some friends over coffee, muffins and fruit. I  even got to visit with my high school interp coach who I haven't seen for years. After the main event, we broke into small groups to attend break-out sessions. I thought the Creating Healthy Families would be interestsing and I wasn't disapointed.  Then an amazing lunch by one of the best cooks in our town before I had to jump and run home.
.
I had agreed to take the baby to a birthday party for her cousins at noon.  Steve, Taylor, the baby and I piled into the van and headed to Pioneer Park.  We got to meet a lot of the baby's family and I even played touch football with them. Good news-I scored a touchdown. Bad news-I sacrificed the body for the game and got mud all over the knees of my pants and I still had to go back to church for the remainder of the afternoon. 
.
Then I took the baby and Taylor with me to the church while Steve mowed the church lawn. Brittney watched the other kids at home.  At 6pm, Steve came home and I went to finish up.  It took me until about 8pm and after a quick run to HyVee for milk and a frozen pizza, I headed home for the night.
.
Great news! The baby finally popped her first tooth on Thursday and has been sleeping through the night again ever since!  I'm finally feeling like I'm getting a bit of rest.
.
Today we're off to church and then after lunch I'm going to do a bit of a presentation on foster parenting for some friends who are interested. I'm hoping to get quite a bit of laundry done since it didn't get done yesterday and we're nearing crunch time before surgery.  Monday is court for the baby's mom, a visit with the baby's mom and I'm also hoping to sneak in lunch with a friend.  Tuesday is bible study from 8:45-11:00am, Steve's dentist appointment, physical therapy for the baby, a visit with the baby's mom,early childhood education for the baby, football for Riley and hopefully get out of town by 5:15pm.  That way we're not getting to St Paul too late.  Zeke wants to swim at the hotel and we have to be at the hospital by 6:15am the following morning so we don't want him to be too tired. Although he will be sleeping the whole next day during the 8 hour surgery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment