Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Don't Even Have A Title For This Post

Don't read this post if you'd like something light and happy.  My day wasn't the light and happy type today.  Of course, I guess you could smile about how peaceful your house is compared to mine.
.
I accomplished quite a bit this morning around the house and ran lots of errands even though I took six kids in the van for all the running around.  We only had a total of 8 kids here today, which is a relatively small number for us.  Lunch went ok but by the time we reached the afternoon, I'm not sure exactly what went wrong. 
.
Taylor and a sixth grade neighbor girl decided to hurl 6 rocks the size of baseballs through Brittney's window.  Luckily, no one got hurt.  Zeke had a major meltdown while he was supposed to be doing his exercises.  He started hitting himself, the wall and anything that was even close to him.  Riley was messing around on his bunkbed and slammed his head into the light fixture, shattering it all over himself and the room.  Anthony decided it would be fun to stand outside on the deck and repeatedly throw his shoes at the glass patio door.  I got to him by the fifth throw. 
.
By the time Steve got home a few minutes ago, Brittney was quietly playing the Wii and all the other kids were sitting peacefully in time out in various rooms throughout the house.  He probably thinks I didn't do a thing today.  But that's ok.  I'm just glad I survived without killing anyone!
.
Remember all the wonderful room switching I did this weekend! 
Can anyone say "Children with Severe Issues with Change and Transition"?

No comments:

Post a Comment