Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anthony Says

I hear a lot of tattling at my house.  I've been trying to find some kind of balance between not letting the kids get each other in trouble but still having them report to me when someone is doing something dangerous that they shouldn't.   I've tried to convince them that that tattling isn't good but it seems to fall on deaf ears.  We've talked about coming to me only when someone might get hurt, property is being damaged or I've asked them to keep an eye out for a certain issue.  But I was still getting way too much tattling.  So this morning after yet another tattling session, I finally told the kids that the next time one of them tattled on one of their siblings, both kids would be in trouble.

Ten minutes later, I was in the office and heard Anthony shout in the kitchen,
"I'm telling on you!.......................Wait...................I guess I can't."

Thus ends the tattling spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment