Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Recent Stuff

Zeke had another clinic appointment yesterday to check on the infection on his knee. The results of the culture were in. He had both a strep infection and a staph infection. Even though it's healing and looks much better after being on the medication for 10 days, because it's still not completely healed, the doctor prescribed another 10 days on another medication. We also don't have to put the cream and re-bandage the area three times a day. Of course, the first evening without a bandage, Zeke picked at the sore and made it bleed again. Mom was not happy!
.
Because of the timing, I had to take all three boys to the clinic for Zeke's appointment. Then about halfway through, the DSS worker brought the baby back. The kids all behaved very well. So well, in fact, that the doctor commented on how well behaved they were! I can't even tell you how happy that made me. Perhaps I am making a bit of difference and they're leaning and growing up. A few years ago, I would have been scared, with good reason, to take 4 children to a clinic visit. They would have been running around, yelling, hitting each other and just generally looking like kids without good parental supervision. No matter how much I pretended not to, I still felt judged on my parenting skills when we were out in public. Sometimes I wanted to wear a shirt that said, "It's not my fault, I just got them!" Unfortunately, even that would have only been good for a few months! Anyway, the nurse at the clinic gave all three boys a gift certificate for a free icecream cone so we drove through Dairy Queen on the way home to celebrate everyones good behavior at the clinic. Even the baby got a cone!
.
Steve's out of town for work again. He left Monday morning. I tried to find out when he would be back but he was very vague. So I guess he'll be home sometime between Wednesday evening and Friday evening.
.
I'm very excited that my brother Jeremy's wife is home safely after months in Korea! They're already on the move again and will be relocating to Florida. Happy Home Coming Stacey!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment