Saturday, March 5, 2011

3 Day Weekend!!!

I should probably be in the kitchen with the kids who are eating breakfast instead of on the computer. I already hear them arguing in there. But unless they come to blows, I'm going to let them work it out themselves.
.
We're missing Brittney, who's at a friend's house, and we added Emily, Taylor's friend. Since the kids didn't have school on Friday, this weekend was a great time for sleepovers.
Thursday night, a friend of Brittney's came over after gymnastics and ended up spending the night. Then in the morning Steve dropped them off at the high school to help pack up the gymnastics equipment for the season. By the time I got home from work at 1pm, Brittney and 2 of her friends had walked home and were playing Monopoly. They all hung around until 5pm when I picked up another girl and dropped them all off at a hockey game. Steve had pick-up duty later that night even though Brittney eventually ended up spending the night at Corah's.
.
Today Steve is headed to Sioux Falls to work in the media room at the Summit League basketball tournament. It's the 3rd year he's helped and he absolutely loves it! He gets to watch most of the games and then is in on all the action with the media. He helps all day on Saturday and Sunday, so we won't see him again until Sunday night. The best part as far as I'm concerned is that he also gets two free tickets for all of the games, which he gives to me :) For the second year in a row, my friend Jen and I are going down to watch the SDSU men and women play. We both love to watch our team play but because of cost and kids, we aren't able to watch them play in person very often anymore. We're looking forward to a "kid-free" day on Sunday afternoon/evening. I've divided up the kids:  Zeke and Riley are going home after church with my folks, Taylor and Sophia are going home with Grandma Sandy, and Brittney will be watching Anthony at home. I can't wait!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment