Saturday, March 19, 2011

  1. Headstart had a make-up day yesterday so I worked until 1pm. After work, I picked up the baby and a few groceries. Since the baby still isn't feeling very well, I took her to Grandma Sandy's for the morning instead of to daycare. Have I mentioned lately how nice it is to have her in Brookings? Then we picked up a few groceries and headed home.
  2. I still felt good enough to be able to get a bit of cleaning and laundry done. I hate trying to play catch-up.
  3. Steve made it home safely last night.
  4. When I had to take the baby to the doctor, my dad picked up the kids from school and by the time I got home, he had cleaned my entire kitchen! Yay Dad!
  5. Taylor had a sleepover on Thursday night and, as much as I love her, it was nice to get her out of the sibling mix for a while. This makes the third Friday in a row that the kids haven't had school.
  6. Today I get to help present material that I'm excited about. I'm co-training for PRIDE most of the day today (educating potential foster/adoptive parents) The entire class is 30 hours and this particular session will be on Saturdays. I always enjoy working with the trainer from Children's Home and I'm excited about the cause so it should be a good day.
  7. Brittney is attending a 30 hour famine. I should know more about it but I don't. I think it's to help realize the extent of world hunger and pray and fast for the people experiencing it. The 30 hour famine is through our church youth group and other youth groups in town participate. The kids fast and pray on their own starting at 10am on Friday. Then they meet at the church at 6pm. They have movies, discussions,  a lock-in, team competitions, worship time, a service project and also drink lots of juice. They break their fast at 4pm on Saturday. It'll be interesting to see what Brittney has to say about it.
  8. It's almost 7am and there are NO kids awake! That never happens on a Saturday :) Ok, never mind. They are downstairs watching TV quietly. I can live with that :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment