Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm Tired But School Starts in 8 Days So I Think I Can Make It!

Here's why I haven't blogged: Life has gotten in the way! On Wednesday, I got the four middle kids registered for school and then had a Camp Adventure wrap-up meeting and football for Riley in the evening.

On Thursday, I was planning on driving near Vermillion to pick up Anthony, coming back for a 2pm VBS wrap-up meeting and then driving back to Sioux Falls for a Foster Parent meeting. The VBS meeting was postponed and Betty offered to meet me in Sioux Falls with Anthony after my meeting, so my day ended up being a lot less hectic than I anticipated.

The Foster Parent Meeting was really informative and I've yet again jumped into what I'm passionate about - protecting kids. More on that in a later blog. The meeting had a downside, though. The newly elected president resigned the day of our meeting. At first I thought it had something to do with some issues the group was dealing with but found out it was much worse than that. Her 21 year old daughter was brutally gang raped in the Cities so their family is spending time going back and forth to be with her. Please keep their family in your prayers.
.
I was thinking about so much on the drive back across Sioux Falls that I wasn't paying attention and took two wrong turns on major roads and ended up almost a half hour late to pick up Anthony.
.
Friday Taylor and I worked with Dawnna at the produce stand. In addition to lots of interesting people, I got to chat with the mom of my childhood best friend!
.
After work, I hurried home, said "hi" to Steve and all of Brittney's friends, picked up 3 kids and one adult at our house and then continued to another house to pick up 3 of the baby's siblings. We played in the park for an hour until we got rained out and then I took everyone home. I wasn't ready to face a house full of teenager yet so the baby, the other adult (not sure if her name falls under the confidentiality stuff or not so I'm not going to name her) and I went out for supper. I felt much more prepared to deal with the party by the time we got home.
.
On Saturday, Steve worked a morning shift at the bank, Brittney's friends left at 10am, we mowed at the church right after lunch, Steve worked at WingFest at the Swiftel Center from 4pm to midnight, Brittney performed a gymnastics routine in Oldham, and Taylor was taken out by some friends for her birthday supper.
.
The kids were still full of energy but Steve and I are starting to drag. This morning was church for everyone but me, then Taylor's birthday party at 2pm and finally a church potluck at the lake followed by baptisms in the lake. It was beautiful!
.
Now it's 8:07 and all the kids but Brittney are in bed. I should be able to get some pictures on tomorrow :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment