Monday, February 7, 2011

What A Day!

This morning - Van wouldn't start
A bit later - Trip to Sioux Falls with the VBS leadership team for a VBS material preview & lunch
Mid afternoon - The baby's DSS visit, kids picked up from school, Zeke's physical therapy & waited for van to be fixed (new battery, tail light & oil change)
Evening - School conferences for Riley, Taylor & Anthony
.
Brittney was supposed to babysit for us so we could attend conferences with only the baby. The first conference was scheduled to start at 6pm. Brit called me at 4:30pm to ask if she could go swimming with a friend. I told her she wouldn't have time before we needed to leave. Later, as I was leaving the mechanic's, I asked Steve via phone if Brittney was home yet. He told me, "No. I haven't seen her."
I proceded to call and text her because it was almost time for us to leave for the school. I was getting pretty upset because she knew what time we needed to leave and she wasn't home yet. I kept texting. No answer.
By the time I was driving up the street to our house, I had already talked Steve into calling his mom. We quickly dropped off two kids at her apartment and took 3 boys with us to the school. By this time, I was fuming! I was envisioning taking away Brittney's phone and grounding her. Just as I was walking into the school, Brit finally called me. I immediately demanded she tell me where she was. She pause a moment and then hesitantly said, "In my room." 
Apparently she had been there the whole time! The battery on her phone was dead and Steve had never actually checked to see if she was there or not!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment