Sunday, February 27, 2011

My mom apparently did some online searching and found my paternal bio grandmother. She just died this past November. I never met her. Again, I'm not going to list a name but here are some of the most interesting things I learned through her obituary:
  • She was 74 when she died.
  • She had 7 children.
  • She did foster care and was willing to take on the most challenging children.
  • She knew sign language and used it to teach the deaf about Christ.
  • She took care of her elderly mother for several years.
  • She taught Sunday School for several years.
  • She held weekly bible studies at the Juvenile Detention Center for seven years.
  • She loved to read, garden and crochet afghans to give to family & friends.
  • She was a faithful Christian.
Kind of makes me wish I would have pursued her. At the very least, everything I've discovered about her shows she was interested in helping others.
One of the hard parts about being adopted is that, where other people have family ties that come naturally, I don't know what any of my bio family might have told their friends and family about me or if they even know that I exist.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment