Saturday, February 5, 2011

My "little" brother Jeremy is single-parenting his three kids while his wife is in Korea, serving our country in the military. I jokingly say it's his turn anyway because his wife had her turn while he was in Korea, but I know it isn't easy on any of them. It's hard when he lives so far away and, even though he's a great dad, I'm sure his kids miss their mom. The pictures Jeremy posted today actually made me cry. In a good way! Some awesome gals took my niece Sophia to get her nails done! Hope he doesn't mind me sharing a few pictures.




.
I've heard it said that there are two kinds of people who serve our country. Those who serve overseas and those who serve at home. And this little girl is one who is serving at home. She's giving up her mommy for months so that the rest of us can be home. So even though they'll never see this, a big thank you goes out to the wonderful ladies who made a very special day for my niece!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment