Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wanted or Not, The Blog is Back

First of all, thank you for all of the supportive comments. I wasn't fishing for them but I must admit that they made me feel much better about blogging. I received comments, phone calls, emails and texts explaining to me why I need to continue. So, at the risk of sounding like a politician, thank you for your support!
.
Secondly, I've decided to continue blogging for a number of reasons. It's an important connection between our lives and our boys' biological family. I can easily provide them with stories, pictures and events of our family and they can more easily feel a part of our lives, which we want to encourage.
It's also become an important connection between myself and my family and friends. I know my friends, parents and lots of my aunts and uncles read just to see what's going on in our busy lives and are some of our strongest prayer warriers.
.
Third, I've learned that there are people out there who do actually gain insight from reading the blogs. I love the fact that some of the tough things we go through as a family can help someone else in their life, even if it's just letting them know that they're not alone or giving them a good laugh.
.
Fourth, I went back and re-read my past blogs and, although there are some unpleasant things, I can honestly say that I never posted anything with the intent to hurt anyone else. In fact, when I looked things over, I realized that the issue probably arose when I chose not to be honest enough on the blog about certain situations. I deliberately chose not to publish some information about others that was extremely negative, and because of that, I looked selfish when I would vent a little about how I was feeling about certain situations. And by not providing ALL the information, I caused someone with a good heart and a very protective nature to respond. So I shall be more careful about what I post in the future. Unfortunately, that means that some of what's on my heart will go unpublished, but on the flip side, it means feelings will be protected. And I can live with that.
.

3 comments:

  1. Yea!!! You're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and love your honesty in all situations. I found it refreshing to read that not everything is perfect, but you also have challenges. Hang in there! You are a wonderful lady with a huge heart.

    ReplyDelete