Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's 4am

I woke up today for the second day in a row at 4am. I'm still not feeling very good but Taylor seemed to be doing much better last night.
.
I'm so excited about Thanksgiving this year. We were going to help serve dinner at our church again but I got an offer I couldn't refuse. Some of my biological family invited me to Rapid City to have Thanksgiving with them. It's the first holiday I'll have spent with them. I just got the final ok from my husband last night and was texting back and forth with my brother. He makes me feel so wanted I could almost cry. I've finally given up trying to gain the love of others in the family who don't want much to do with me. The cool thing is, there are plenty of my biological family who are begging to spend time with me. And I'm ready to take them up on it and stop waiting on the ones who don't want me! It's awesome to be wanted!!!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my brother? He and I were texting back and forth last night and he made me cry - in a good way :) I'm not going to tell you what we said because I'm much to private for that (says the blogger whose blog is read by complete strangers) but I will tell you that he makes me feel loved and wanted even if we didn't grow up together. I posted once that family isn't who you're born to, it's who has your back. My brother always has my back. And for that I'm thankful. He's helped me get through lots of painful experiences and reasured me many times.
.
I'm also thankful that my boys have biological family that spend time with them, send them letters & cards, call them and just plain let them know that they are important. So to all the boys' bio family - THANK YOU!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment