Friday, November 12, 2010

Save the Date

Last night Riley made me cry. And it was in a good way. They had some kind of literacy thing at school. No one seemed to know much about it. I wasn't going to go because Steve doesn't get home until after 6:30pm but the kids insisted they needed to be there so as the last minute, I took them. The first part just involved looking at pictures the kids had done, then continuing on to cookies and tea. After that, we went to each kids' classroom. The night finally ended in the gym where the kids sang. Riley and a girl in his class had a duet. I love listening to his beautiful voice. He's always been able to sing right on pitch. He was singing about friendship and kindness. That's when he made me cry. He looked so grown-up in his sweater singing in front of his classmates and all the parents. He's come so far. How could I not be overwhelmed with emotion?
.
He will be singing the same duet at the school concert on Thursday Dec 9th @ 7pm at Camelot Intermediary School. So for any of you in close proximity, save the date and come watch Riley sing. Someone should be crying besides just me :)

1 comment:

  1. the world knows, i won't have a dry eye..........we will be there.

    ReplyDelete