Thursday, November 18, 2010

Steve, Riley, & Me

Steve had his doctor's appointment this afternoon. He wasn't particularly excited about it but I was. The nurses were teasing him that he didn't have to drag me in to sign off on the paperwork. He was having surgery - the "Big V". We might have more kids but we won't be HAVING any more kids, if you know what I mean! He's resting comfortably with pain meds, an ice pack and the TV tuned to sports.
.

Riley is having some serious stealing issues again. The sad thing is, after he is 'caught', he is truly sorry. Real tears and everything. He takes things that don't belong to him but he can't seem to stop himself. He's done that in the past but it hadn't really been an issue lately. I check his pockets and backpack everytime he leaves the house and for the last 4 days, he's always had some contra band. I think I've found a counselor that I respect and trust so I think were going to take him there in addition to working with him at home. I think there's just a lot of chaos in his life right now and he's not sure how to handle it. I hope we can help him and not make it worse. On a positive note, one of the things that we gave him for his birthday was a lego set and he's downstairs right now building away. Maybe if we keep his mind busy with other things, he'll forget to take stuff tonight or tomorrow!
.
I'm leaving in the morning for a Beth Moore Conference in Rapid City. I get to room with some of my favorite people - Jen, Jody, and Lynda - and we are expecting to gain lots of insight, have lots of fun, laugh a lot and experience a serious lack of sleep! Except for the not sleeping much part, I really need the other three. We return Saturday night. I'd better go pack 'cause we leave at 8am!  :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment