Thursday, August 6, 2009

Zeke's Glasses Again

Last Wednesday Zeke lost his good glasses again. I've gotten smarter about his glasses but apparently not smart enough. We have an old pair that's only being held together by duct tape and those are the glasses that he wears when he plays. The good pair is for school, church and out in public. We've gone through a lot of glasses, sometimes lost, sometimes broken. After all, he is a 6 year old boy. . Last Thursday morning, we looked everywhere for the good glasses. No luck. We definitely can't afford new glasses right now and he's already maxed out the replacements for the year through insurance. And of course, school pictures were coming up on Tuesday. Last year, Zeke broke his glasses right before pictures so he wasn't wearing any in that picture. I kept looking and hoped we'd find them. Again no luck. Steve was afraid to mow because last summer Zeke left his glasses outside and Steve accidently mowed over them. . Zeke went to church on Sunday without glasses. In my women's bible study class that morning, I realized I had yet to ask God to help find the glasses. It seemed like such a little thing to ask God for help with but He knows our needs already. I just have a hard time not being able to fix it myself. . I asked my friends to pray that we would find Zeke's glassses. The amazing ladies in the group prayed and asked God for wisdom in looking for Zeke's glasses and that we would be able to find them. . That afternoon, I pulled Zeke's bed out from the wall and there were the glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment