Monday, August 17, 2009

Out of Many, One Family

This book was just written by a husband and wife who adopted 12 children in 11 years. It became even more personal for me since I knew Claudia when she lived in Brookings. I'm also an adoptee and a foster and adoptive parent. Sometimes we need all the insight we can get and this book offers a lot of personal insight into adoption. I just ordered my own copy and it should be arriving any day now :) The following is an excerpt from the book's website: If you are any where in the process of adoption or foster care, this book is for you. Giving a detailed account of how they were able to adopt twelve children from U.S. foster care and a Guatemalan orphanage in just 12 years, Bart and Claudia share their story. Not only do they share what happened to them, but what they learned in process. So if you are anywhere from the inquiry stage to the point where your adopted children are leaving home, you will understand and benefit from this book. What is a home study? How do I make that first call? What are social workers looking for? How do I know which kid is right for me? How do I get matched with a child? How do I survive the first few months of placement? At the end of each segment of their journey, the "What We Learned" section will answer these questions and others that you wouldn't even think to ask. If you are on this journey, or considering taking that first step, the book was written with you in mind. * If this interests you, be sure to check out the book online. It's affordable at only $15 a copy. http://www.outofmanyonefamily.com/. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment