Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mystery of the Missing Towels

I got out of the shower the other day and to my suprise, my towel wasn't hanging on it's hook in the bathroom. And there weren't any towels hanging on the other hooks either. Oh well, I'll just get one out of the bathroom closet. But when I looked, there weren't any there either. I had to dry off with a hand towel! So after after I got dressed, I went looking for towels. None in the downstairs bathroom and none in the laundry room or in the kids' laundry hampers. . Where have all the towels gone? As I glance outside, there are wet towels laying all over by the kids' pool, in the driveway and the front yard. As I keep looking, I find more in the garage and still more in the back yard. I guess they had to have a new towel every time they got wet. And no one thought to bring them back in the house! . Normally I'd make the kids pick them up themselves, but I was already so frustrated I just did it myself. I collected wet towels from all over and brought them in to the laundry room. I basically spent the whole day just washing towels. I ended up doing 6 large loads, folded them and put them all in their proper place. I was feeling pretty good about having accomplished such a big task. . The next afternoon, I came in the house to find towels everywhere and kids with wet hair and towels wrapped around their necks. Brittney was running a hair salon. I looked at them and just shook my head. But the final straw was when I went into the bathroom to wash my hands.
When I reached to dry my hands on the towel, I found handcuffs instead of a towel. NO TOWEL!!! Are you kidding me? I just spent a whole day on the towels!
.
My husband had no idea why I was so upset over one little missing hand towel but the kids sure ducked out of the house quickly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment