Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Challenge of the Day

Tons of laundry done and put away, supper made and demolished, kitchen cleaned up again and Brittney making a "show" with the kids in the backyard. I have a little breathing room but I've got a headache to go with it. . I decided each day must bring me some sort of new challenge just so I don't get bored and today's challenge involves our car. Today as I was making lunch for the kids, Steve called to let me know his car died as he was driving home for lunch. I quickly piled everyone in the van and picked Brittney up at gymnastics. Then we picked up Steve. At least he managed to coast off the main road onto a side street in a residential area. . I guess if our car has to break down, it's not bad timing. We have Steve's mom's car while she's on her trip so Steve drove that back to work after lunch. Tonight my dad and Steve looked at the car and have ruled out a problem with the battery or alternator. Steve called his friend who used to work at a car dealership shop and helped fix our van. He's picking Steve up in a few minutes to go check out the car and he's bringing along some of his diagnostic tools. We're thinking it might be a fuel pump. Whatever it is, I hope it's not too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment