Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wonder Woman Needs a New Costume

Today started out well but very busy. Since we had company last night, we didn't do the usual Saturday night baths for the kids. We had our little friends A and T over at 7:30am this morning and I still had everyone bathed, breakfasted and dressed for church by 8:30am. The kids were all in a good mood, mainly because Grandma Sandy is here and she brought lots of good food for breakfast that we don't normally have. All 10 of us were out the door and walking to church by 8:40am. I was feeling like Wonder Woman. . Then Anthony was running down the sidewalk on the way to church. He fell and scraped his knees and elbows. He was crying until he saw blood; then he started screaming. He screamed and cried all the way to church. Once there, I raided the first aid kit for band-aids. That toned down the screaming to loud crying. As I herded the 7 kids down the hall, I stooped over to pick up Anthony in hopes of helping him to calm down. As I did, I accidently stepped on Taylor. As I was leaning over to help her and Anthony, I felt the back of my pants rip open. I immediately sat down on a chair and didn't move until everyone else went to church. Then I slunk upstairs to my mom's office. Being summer, she didn't have any jackets or sweaters lying around for me to tie around my waist so I used the next best thing I could find: her computer bag. I slung it over my shoulder and let the bag hang down behind me to cover the rip. The more I moved, the more it tore open! I walked all the way home with the computer bag bouncing behind me. I was never so glad to get home! . I think I'll take the kids to the pool this afternoon to relax after my stressful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment