Monday, December 12, 2011

Randomness


Most Friday's, Anthony has an appointment in Sioux Falls with his therapist. It's going really well and he likes her a lot. When I was researching counselors, I found two that I thought were qualified to help with Anthony's specific issues (adoption, grief, loss, anger, defiance). The one I chose actually came highly recommended by another therapist that I trust. We played tag by phone for a week or so and when we finally connected, she informed me that she knew our family from the adoption camp that we attend each summer. When I saw her in person, I remembered her immediately. I knew she would be the perfect fit for Anthony. She worked at Children's home for quite a few years with children with attachment issues and was more than qualified to work with our son. But it got even better! At the first appointment, she let me know that she was a Christian counselor and asked if we were ok with that. Am I ever!!! I knew then that God is the great orchastrator.
Because I sometimes have meetings or training on Fridays even though I'm not working with kids at headstart, Anthony gets to travel to Sioux Falls with Grandma Connie, Grandpa Larry, Grandma Sandy, Steve or me. It's worked out really well and I don't think any one of us has taken him more than once a month even though he goes every Friday.
This Friday was my turn. His appointment is at 9am so we dropped all the other kids off by 8am and hit the road. He's done by 10 so we usually get him back to school by 11am. This particular day, I decided to just keep him all day. I didn't have to rush back for anything, he obviously needed time with me and we both had some shopping to get done.
I let him pick where we would eat lunch. He decided on Red Lobster because he loves shrimp and he had never been there before. At first I told him no (because of the cost) but then decided it was early enough in the day that if he ordered from the kids menu and I ordered from the lunch menu, it probably wouldn't be much more than if we went somewhere with fast food. So we went to Red Lobster and he loved it!
.
Then we hit the mall for a little shopping.
Anthony had to take a break in one of the massage chairs. He didn't realize that you're supposed to put money in it - and I didn't tell him!
.
I told him that once we found all the gifts we needed, he could stop at the arcade.
.
We finally got the Christmas tree up this past week.
.
Two of my friends, Leila and Holly, looked so cute together yesterday that I had to take their picture!
.
And the other project for the week, the shower is now complete and working!
We still need to install the toilet, the vanity cabinet, the sink/countertop and the mirror and then we're done!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment