Saturday, December 3, 2011

Anthony

I actually had the day off on Friday. I thought I'd get a lot done, especially since the little one was gone from 9:30-11:30. Then I got a call from the elementary principal. At least he gave me the good news first. Zeke was chosen to be a Medary Kid of Character for the month. Then he hit me with the not so good news, Anthony was in trouble again. They had a substitute teacher and Anthony wasn't following directions, wasn't doing what he was supposed to and was mouthing off to the teacher. The principal made me talk to Anthony on the phone........like I'm supposed to control him from home over the telephone when they can't seem to do it at the school? Anyway, I talked to him. Then later that afternoon when I went to pick him up, I found out that his afternoon didn't go any better. He was still uncooperative and then he was pushing and kicking other kids. They finally sent him to the teacher next door to his classroom. Zeke had her a couple of years ago and I have a lot of respect for her control of the classroom. She had Anthony apoligizing within a few minutes. I went and thanked her after school and told Anthony right in front of her that she and I were on the same page. 

That boy makes me want to cry sometimes! He looks so "normal" on the outside and he has so much defiance and anger on the inside.
.
On a good note, I did get to go out for lunch with a friend that afternoon and the little one behaved beautifully the whole time! One of the fringe benefits of having the little one is that I've gotten to know some great people involved in her life who I plan to stay in touch with.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment