Monday, November 28, 2011

This and That

I'm feeling guilty about my lack of blogging lately. It's not for lack of anything to say. There just aren't enough hours in the day right now. Zeke's cast is coming off on Wednesday so I'm making a quick trip to St Paul. Thankfully, my mom has offered to go with me. Steve and a lot of good friends and my dad are trying to finish the downstairs bathroom we tore apart a few months ago. We're refinancing the house because of the low interest rate and have an appraisal on Thursday, hence the quick finish to the bathroom.

The little one is really excited about potty training, which is great except for having to run to the bathroom every time she yells, "Potty!" I try to keep the bathroom door shut so she doesn't play in there and tonight for some reason, she was convinced her friend Sara was in there. So she kept knocking on the door and hollering, "Sara!" I finally had to stop what I was doing and open the door to the bathroom just so she would understand that Sara wasn't there.

Brittney has missed the last two gymnastics meets because of an accident at cheer practice where the girls on the bottom didn't catch her correctly and Brittney ended up being thrown over their shoulders. She landed on her neck and back and now the athletic trainers won't let her practice or compete in either sport for at least two weeks. She's hoping to be allowed to compete on Dec 3 in Sioux Falls.

Taylor and Riley are both still taking piano lessons and Riley is wanting to start playing the drums. They are both signed up to play basketball soon too. Zeke's next Special Olympics sport is basketball, if he's cleared by the doctor to be able to play this soon after surgery. I guess we'll find out later this week.

Most of the kids are already in bed but I really should get the little one tucked in now :)
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment